Sunday 21 June 2009

Not sew simple










Nope I havent forgotten how to spell, as you may have gathered from this post title todays blog post is about my sewing skills or rather the striking lack of said skills. I have been working on a blanket for what seems like an eternity, you see when I first started learning to knit I thought it would be a good idea to practise my knitting and sewing skills by knitting squares and sewing them together to make a blanket. Frankly someone should really have slapped me with a spoon when I suggested this to knock some sense into me, but sadly nobody did. Well as I continued with said blanket I then decided it would make a nice homely touch to the bed my boyfriend and I shared in our new flat.... wrong! Cutting out all the juicy details I ended up back at home with a half finished WIP that had become sheer torture on many levels, but I finally finished it today so here it is, as its now going to a homeless shelter as soon as humanly possible.








No comments:

Post a Comment