Tuesday 23 June 2009

A bit of this, A bit of that...

Nothing particularly exciting to share today I'm afraid folks (though you may not find that unusual... frankly that depends on your defention of interesting... I'm easily excitable so I find lots of things exciting and interesting).


My kimono cardi is coming along nicely although somewhat ploddingly I feel, but I will NOT abandon it... I swear!! It has a pretty lattice stitching, that now I know what I'm doing with it (the instructions could have been a little bit clearer) is definately not stupid!! The back now measures just over 30cm and its got to be 50cm to start the shoulder shaping so thats a good sign I suppose.


I've squeezed a little extra karate practise in today as well, nothing outlandish... just a bit of kata practise in the back garden. Ive been practising Bassai-Dai which I need for my next grade (red) and I'm hoping to do Bassai at the tournament on the 4th July as well. Only thing I did learn (the hard way of course) is that I should not have done it barefoot (I'm a little footwear shy in the realms of my own home and this does extend to the garden) and I ended up with thorns from some random (and invisible!!) plant stuck in the bottom of my foot!! What a bummer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment