Tuesday 4 August 2009

Dont teasle me!!

Well, I havent been very good lately have I? I originally intended to update my blog everyday (but I guess that was ambitious!!) but as Im now on a nice long break from work I guess I have no excuse!!









I have however been very busy on the knitting front and have made a couple of pairs of fingerless mitts for homeless people and now have quite a big bag of bits together. Ive got some chunky wool to make another blanket to go in the bag yet though and I really feel I ought to make some scarves too, because as is often the way with living in sunny England, its bound to get blooming cold again very soon.


I've also knitted up the 'wonderful' tigger kit I had and found that for once sewing was not the biggest problem I had but the pattern called for the pieces to be teasled. This took twice as long as the sewing and knitting combined (well probably) and basically required me to brush each piece with a wire brush whilst simultaneously shredding my fingers so that the pieces looked like fur (next time Im using eyelash or funky fur!) As I currently have a Whinnie The Pooh kit very similar on the back burner Im pretty confident I am not going to teasle him!

Have been clicking away making letters for the poetry society's knitted poem too which I think is going to be incredibly cool. Ive made the letter 'I' and Im about halfway through the letter 'E' and I cant wait to see the finished product of all the knitted letters!
A whole poem made out of knitting... how exciting!! People are trying to guess what the poem is, but at this point looking at the letters it really could be anything!! If you've not seen the project they have a page on facebook http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19376&id=671092591&saved#/pages/London-United-Kingdom/Knit-A-Poem-with-the-Poetry-Society/213604265503?ref=ts but you can also check out the poetry society's homepage which has info too http://www.poetrysociety.org.uk/content/knit/

1 comment:

  1. After doing the same thing with my Eeyore - I don't want to tease my Winnie the Pooh. Fingers crossed he'll look ok as he is! That is once I've sewn and stuffed him!!

    ReplyDelete